Welcome to the Montana Board of Public Education
Looking for information on the MONTANA COMMON CORE STATE STANDARDS? Click here for a "Myths and Facts" document, or visit the Office of Public Instruction Common Core page for more detailed information.
***The Board of Public Education and the Board of Regents will meet together as the Board of Education on July 16th, 2013. Please check back for more information.***
Committee meetings for the Montana School for the Deaf and Blind are now posted. Please see the meeting schedule for specific dates. If you have any questions please call the Board of Public Education at 406-444-0302.
Thank you for visiting our site. Select any of the categories above (in the green boxes) to learn more about BPE and the services we offer.
The Board of Public Education was created by the Montana Constitution of 1972 to exercise general supervision over the elementary and secondary schools of the state.
Some of the things we do include:
- Adopt standards of accreditation for Montana schools and establish the accreditation status of each school
- Effect a system of teacher certification, including the accreditation of the teacher and administrator training programs
- Consider the suspension or revocation of teacher certificates and hear appeals from the denial of teacher certificates
- Administer and order the distribution of state equalization aid
- Adopt policies for the special education of handicapped and gifted and talented students
- Act as the governing agency for the Montana School for the Deaf and Blind
This page is best viewed with Flash player. If you do not have Flash, download it here.
The documents on this page are in Portable Document Format (pdf). Download Adobe Reader here.
Last updated September 12, 2011.